Chinese-English dictionary reader software

Discussions on Mandarin Chinese. Do not post requests for translations or advertise couses in this forum.
antipas

Chinese-English dictionary reader software

Post by antipas »

Hi, I am looking for some suggestions for dictionary reader software out there designed for english speakers learning Mandarin. I know there are some chinese software that does this but it seems to require being online all the time, and it's slow, and it pops up ads. So this sucks for me.

The only ones I have come across so far is MDBG chinese reader (which costs quite a lot for what it is) and doesn't work on Firefox 4, 5, 6, IE9, MSN, QQ, any of those. So that is really not an option unless I'm willing to downgrade everything and pay for it too.

There is a chinese popup reader from http://popupchinese.com/ which is quite good but works in Firefox only (it's a FF plugin)

Can anyone else suggest something I can use in all software to read chinese. Pay/free is not really important but I don't like something slow or with ads, because I like to chat 1-to-1 a lot. Thanks
kunal_kent

Re: Chinese-English dictionary reader software

Post by kunal_kent »

I used to use MDBG but I found cidianreader last month and it's basically the same but for free. EXCEPT it actually works in recent software such as the ones you mentioned. I don't care about having to select the words and popup the meaning, if it gets annoying I can just turn that off.

U can get it from cidianreader.com or just google it.

Check it out , it's slow to load but really fast after that :mrgreen:
louieclee

Post by louieclee »

the one of the best chinese English dictionary English Chinese Dictionary - Android software. you can use this even in your android mobile.
nolakbypna

Post by nolakbypna »

louieclee wrote:the one of the best chinese English dictionary English Chinese Dictionary - Android software. you can use this even in your dbuying.com android mobile.
Agree! you can use Android software