Chinese symbol for english word "Silence"

Translations to and from Chinese.
Forum rules
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Liam Stoinof
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Chinese symbol for english word "Silence"

Postby Liam Stoinof » Wed Jul 10, 2002 11:56 am

Is there somebody to help me to know what is chinese symbol for english word "Silence"?

Mark

Re: Chinese symbol for english word "Silence"

Postby Mark » Sat Jul 13, 2002 11:25 am

Yes, it is a little picture of a man with his index finger over his mouth.

Jules Clegg

Postby Jules Clegg » Mon Jul 15, 2002 7:29 pm

The character for "silence" that you usually see in libraries etc. is pronounced "jing" (falling tone.) The character is built out of two other characters - "qing" meaning "green" and "zheng" meaning "struggle." It consists of 14 strokes of the pen. Sorry I can't show you what it looks like here.

Jules Clegg

Postby Jules Clegg » Mon Jul 15, 2002 7:32 pm

Well, maybe you can see the character if I type it here.

靜 jing

Return to “Translations & Chinese/English names”